Preparing and Tagging Items
Before you begin, please create a user account (see "register to consign").
Once that is completed, you are ready to begin. This new tagging system is easy to learn,
and will save you time. While we still allow manual tagging (instructions below), we strongly
encourage you to use the online system. The online system saves you time in tagging your items,
allows you to manage your inventory, tracks your sales, and calculates your profits!
Please price your items1/2-1/3 of what the normal retail price is. Items that are like new or
never used you may want to price higher. However, you need to be watchful of not overpricing you items.
As a guideline, ask yourself, "What would I pay for this?"
Jack n' Jill is a quality resale. Please be sure to examine your items carefully before bringing them
to check-in. We will check the items thoroughly and return anything that is stained, ripped, torn, missing
buttons, out of date, not working, or does not have batteries to operate.
- When using the online tagging system you MUST use 60-67 # cardstock. Normal copier paper will not work.
Use an inkjet printer, and set your printer on quality to "NORMAL", not best. It affects how the barcodes print.
- Items must be priced a minimum of $1.00.
- Do not tape over barcode on the tag, it will not scan.
- All clothing must be of current style and trends
- Clothing must be hung on plastic or wire hangers, turned to the left.
- Tags are to be pinned with safety pins on the right side of the items. NO STRAIGHT PINS.
- Pants need to be pinned on the waistband across the top of the hanger with two pins.
- Outfits that are on two separate hangers need to be rubber banded together, with one tag.
- All clothing needs to be sorted by size and sex before coming for check-in.
- Shoes are NOT to be placed in a bag or box. Shoes are to be tied together with shoestrings, string, or yarn.
- Pin the tag through the string or laces.
- All toys and games are to have accessories and parts.
- Small parts or pieces are to be in a Ziploc, attached to the item.
- For large items attach the tag with packing tape, masking or scotch tape will not hold.
- Books, CD's, and videos may be grouped together as sets. DO NOT bag them, the tag generally gets lost.
Tie them in a four-square and pin the tag to the string.
- Large items must be fully assembled on arrival. These items will sell much faster when a person can see it as it is meant to be.
- All large toys must be clean upon arrival.
- All car-seats, high chairs, playpens, beds MUST be less than 5 years old and in proper working condition.
Please be sure to make sure that your items have not been recalled by checking the website or calling 1-800-424-9393.
Manual Tagging Instructions
- Only a full size 3x5 index card will be accepted.
- Do not write any information on the top 1/3 of the card; the safety pin will be attached at the top of the card.
- Consigner number is to be written on the far left of the card, 1/3 of the way down.
- Size of the items are to be written on the far right of the card, 1/3 of the down.
- Description of the items is to be written in the center of the card.
- Price of the item is to be written on the bottom right of the card.
- **Items not to be sold half price must have a RED DOT above the price**
1/2 Price Sale and Donating
- If you do not want to your items discounted at 1/2 off, mark your card with a RED DOT above the price. These items will continue to sell at regular price, during the 1/2 sale.
- If you should chose to donate your items at the end of the sale, please mark "donate" on your registration. If you do not want them donated mark "pick-up". All items donated will be given directly to a local charity.